Tuesday 1 May 2012

Barry Hospital downscaling?

I have gotten wind of an apparent plan by Cardiff and Vale University Health Board to downscale services at Barry Hospital, including the Minor Injuries Unit.

I am currently looking into just what that plan is, typically for the Health Board, they have put Barry Hospital in their 'Making a Difference 2' document but just referred to a 'plan' that isn't mentioned in any greater detail.

I have today made a Freedom of Information request here to find out exactly what the plan for Barry Hospital is, and once I get a response I will post the findings here.

Rest assured if there is a plan to close Barry Hospital, at any scale, I will fight it (with the help of Robin, no doubt) and will ensure that the people of Barry are involved and are very much a part of the fight.

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment